Fear Forge Anthology, Edition 2 Cover Announcement

Horrorsmith Publishing is now announcing the second anthology in its Fear Forge series. The theme of this one is the survivors of the Salem ...

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Dark River Inn by J. R. Erickson

 



My newest read, and let me tell you, it was fantastic! But J. R. Erickson doesn't just write horror...

What I found the most intriguing about the Trouble Spirits series is that each novel is based on an unsolved true crime mystery. Whenever this story doesn't give away any critical elements of the novel, Erickson includes the original disappearance or murder information at the beginning of her novels. Otherwise, she includes the information at the end. I found this little additional element, a simple moment of truth, really added a depth to the stories that allowed me to become even more immersed. 

Erickson has a beautiful way with words and the ability to develop characters that are easily invested in. This isn't one of those novels you'll be able to put aside at bedtime. I definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment